When seniors are engaged in considering a move from their home the issue of moving furniture and belongings always rises to the top of their concerns. In this interview with Andy Borchers of United Moving and Storage, Bremerton, WA Renita Olsen and Jim Freeman learned from an insider’s perspective how to find, interview, verify and select your moving company.
- How do you find companies that actually do the moving and not just a third party, online lead raider that is looking to re-direct you to someone you don’t know?
- What kinds of insurance do you want your moving company to carry?
- What are the right questions to ask when interviewing a moving company?
- What guarantees and protections should you ask for in your moving contract?
- What are the special considerations that your moving company should provide when moving seniors?
- How do you get comparative information about a moving company’s performance and customer satisfaction?
- How can you be assured that the estimate and price you start out with will be the one you finish with?
As to that last question Andy turned us on to two very useful government agency links to help you accurately compare the performance and customer satisfaction experience of different moving companies. They are:
www.protectyourmove.gov – FMCSA Website for State to State Moves
www.utc.wa.gov/consumers/movers - Washington State Mover Lookup
Here is some information about to contact Andy:
United Moving & Storage U0147
Direct Dial: 360-842-0905